Greek Yogurt Biscuits
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons very cold butter, cubed
- ¾ cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt (we like Fage)
- 2 eggs
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, mix together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Using your hands (and working quickly), mix butter with flour mixture until crumbs are formed. You want to keep little pea sized clumps of cold butter in your dough because this will create little air pockets in the biscuits as they bake and make them nice and fluffy.
- In a separate small bowl, beat the eggs and then stir in the Greek yogurt.
- Add the egg and yogurt to the dry ingredients on low speed until a dough ball forms and pulls away from the edge of the bowl.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead the dough about ten times.
- Roll out the dough to at least 1 inch thick. Using a 3 inch round cutter or the rim of a glass, or even a fun cookie cutter (stars?), cut out your biscuits and place them on a Silpat lined or greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. The tops of the biscuits should be golden brown.