Wednesday, September 11, 2013

{"...where were you?"}



I was a senior in high school. After 1st period, I was walking through the halls and caught bits and pieces of conversations...something was happening. 
 I got settled at my desk for 2nd period English Lit. and that's when I found out. 
My friend, Brian, sat down at his desk next to me and asked "...did you hear? Isn't that crazy?"..."What?" I replied. He then told me that an airplane had crashed into one of the World Trade Center buildings in New York. 
I remember feeling sad, and praying for everyone involved. 
The bell rang, class began. Only...it didn't. 
Brian, J.R. and Clay had managed to get the old tv plugged in and the antenna to pick up the news channels. We sat in shocked silence, watched as the second tower was hit. 
We lost our childhood that morning. 
The world we knew before second period would never be the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment