Friday, October 18, 2013

{It's Official!}

The MCSC (Martha's Cooking School Challenge) has begun!

I left work early today with an extremely upset tummy and crawled into bed for about 6 hours.
I then woke up because that same tummy was growling from emptiness.
In the book, it has stocks as the first chapter but I had already decided to save those for the weekend when I'll have more time to knock them all out. So on to chapter 2: Eggs. We love eggs in this house. Boiled, scrambled, fried, poached...it doesn't matter. I've been making them my whole life...and according to Miss M, I've been making them wrong. So, here goes lesson 1: how to hard-cook (never "boil") an egg.

{place eggs in pan and cover with cold water an extra inch of water}
{bring water to rolling boil ~high heat}
 {remove from heat, cover and let sit for 13 min.}
{move eggs from pan to icewater bath to stop cooking, this only takes a minute...unless you want them completely chilled}
{peeled}
{salted, peppered...perfect!}

...and now, scrambled:
{Miss M might not like me giving away all her instructions....but there's butter in these! and milk!}
{waiting for the ham to finish}
{breakfast/dinner is served.}


So far, so good. 
We'll return with poached, fried and omelets. 
now, go create something!

No comments:

Post a Comment